Monday 31 October 2011

Revolution but not on the track!


Last night I went to the Revolution track cycling event at Manchester Velodrome not to race but not to watch either....

Instead, I was there to display 'The WASP'!

The WASP (Wattage saving, Aerodynamic, Speed Products) is, the new prototype skinsuit by Maxgear/Champion Systems designed to minimise resistance and maximise speed.
The skinsuit had never been seen before in the UK and certainly drew some positive attention, with people flocking to see the kit. This made me even more self conscious, already riding a skintight WASP in the middle of the packed Velodrome. However I did get a 2hr roller training session in....

By name and nature, the speedsuit even looks like a WASP, in bold black and yellow. It was also great to watch the Maxgear team performing well and mixing up the future star races from where I was riding. I love the speedsuit so much that I really hope I can race in it next year. The WASP saw its first competitive outing at the National Hill Climb Championships, worn by my team mate Nicola click here to see her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment