Sunday 18 December 2011

Over The Handlebars!

Today I got it wrong!

Lots of snow and ice where I live continuing the 'its always wet here' theme.

Conditions suggested turbo trainer or cyclocross at Leverhulme Park

The cyclocross however was 10mins from my house and I thought it would be fun......

The good bits....

Close to home.
Good to see everybody.
My cycling kit looks great!

Not quite as good bits......

It was very cold, and I mean really cold.
I crashed on a descent narrowly missing a tree and went over the handlebars (top chopper cyclist that's me!). It hurt so much I cried for 5 minutes and then carried on.
Rode really slowly because I was cold.
Broke my gear shifter (only a plastic bit so its still works).
Women's changing rooms locked at end of race so no shower, shivered all the way home.
My body is damaged by handlebars (legs and stomach).

I'm glad I got out in the sunshine, although it was really, really cold and crashing (and thawing numb hands and feet) hurts more than an hour on the turbo! Plus I wouldn't need to clean the bike either ;).

Melissa x

1 comment:

  1. I think quite a few people crashed on that descent! I just couldn't ride the muddy sections! I was starting to get cold riding home, so much so I jumped in the bath and now have to wash my bike today!

    ReplyDelete