Wednesday 21 March 2012

Its Light In The Morning!

My beloved Orca is back out of winter hibernation and I'm very pleased to have some good weather to actually ride it!

First outdoor race was last weekend and I loved it! It was at Tameside near Manchester on a short circuit with laps taking just 1 minute. The loop is pan flat with 1 dead corner and another 3 which can be pedalled round! We had a full team riding which was great and it was fun warming up together behind the cars on the rollers.

2 riders slipped away early doors and schoolgirl errors by the bunch meant that they stayed away. Note to team is we watch for this next time.

Anyway the remaining bunch was whittled down through the race with about 15 contesting the bunch sprint. I timed my sprint well and managed to win the bunch kick for third.

I've been racing Friday night track league and its great to meet up with my team mates laughing about how hard we have just worked and how many times we failed to get our names on the scoreboard.

We're off to Belgium/Holland soon, doing 5 races in 9 days - very exciting. On the way I will be stopping off in London for the final of Rollapoluza! Bring it on!!

This coming weekend will be a training weekend with the girls, the weather's looking good!

On the college side of things, Maths and Further Maths continues to be a challenge but only 12 weeks left to go!

M x 

No comments:

Post a Comment